19 January 2012

Pitaya Seems Like a Good Title


The past weekend and specifically the past couple days have been so absolutely lovely. 

A little past Swamis in Encinitas, CA
I love San Diego county. I also love living within walking distance from the coastline. There has been talk of a move (if the deal is great) but I am so attached to our location...I love being able to look out into the sea and forget that civilization is just a 180 degree turn away. As our local mailman told me not too long ago, "that apartment complex is the best kept secret in north county".  

Before snapping the picture above this past Saturday, I partook in my very first Acai bowl. I know, it's tragic. I've lived in California for most of my life and am just now getting around to this...ha. Thankfully, I am told that Swami's Cafe has the best one, so I picked well, no? You should go and try it for yourself. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera with me to the cafe (I had no idea this is what I would be getting :X) so I borrowed this picture from the yelp site.
Pitaya Acai Bowl @ Swami's Cafe (GET ONE!)
I kid you not, though, mine looked EXACTLY like this. Just sub that pattern purse on the right for my bright green backpack :) It was absolutely incredible. Acai smoothie over homemade granola, blackberries, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, shredded coconut, and bee pollen!! Very filling too. I could not finish mine. Thankfully I had a friend to help me :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Anyhow, life has been becoming brighter.

Things I think are problems magically work themselves out, a remarkable individual gives me a fantastic birthday gift, work at Trader Joe's is still fulfilling and stimulating, and my precious little sister's tiny arm finally reduced in swelling and she is now rocking a rad glow in the dark cast with drawings all over it.

My head has been in the clouds (but not without my body ;) and I've been brainstorming fun ideas for new products. I just ordered some things that will make me capable of making some of my own charms for necklaces and I am pretty excited about it. They are similar to shrinky dinks but a different brand. The brand is Grafix and you can print out your designs and art and make wearable accessories from them!
(Miss Sarah, you should check these out!!)

I have lucked out with a three day weekend before the daunting start of school this Monday. Here's what I am hoping to get done:
  • necklaces
  • sketches for t-shirts
  • pattern/trial for mommy blanket (for feeding, thank you, Viviann for the inspiration & encouragement!)
  • research for the up and coming big art projects at TJ's
  • a hike on Friday (crossing my fingers...if not a run!)
  • yoga on Saturday
  • and if I am really zealous...some painting
On a different note, I scored a $5 mp3 credit on amazon for buying one of textbooks online and was lucky enough to get the whole record of The Naked and Famous for exactly 5 bucks!
I really am enjoying it. Check it out if you haven't already :)


As always, hope you are fairing well,
love, love, me.
<3

2 comments:

  1. Pretty nice post. I sіmрly ѕtumbled
    upon your weblοg and wіshed to mentiοn that I've really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing in your feed and I'm hoping you wгitе again
    very soоn!

    my blοg post :: http://thoitrangcongso365.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We couldn't confirm any blood relation, which could mean fashion moves on to another" type. Fash Match and Shop Style point to clothes shopping 2.

    Here is my homepage - kittyhawk.engg.uregina.ca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...