08 January 2012

The Mother Post of the Hiatus

Breathe in, breathe out.
Breathe in, breathe out.

I did a lot of this over the past four months. It's been a pretty crazy time and like always, I really don't know where to begin...but I decided lots of pictures and less words would be a plus.

The semester has been over since Wednesday December 14th. It was grueling. I came out with three A's and a B+ that I fought furiously for...and I have a chip on my shoulder that I didn't get the A, but whatever!

First, let's get this snake out of the grass. It has been done for quite a while now but I just found the time to take pictures of it. Our lovely snake is modeled after Queen Califia's Magical Circle Garden in Escondido, California. This place is a gem and is great for kiddos and photo shoots. I adore this place and was so excited to replicate it for TJ's. For scale, it's about 22 feet long.





Next up, more work! Here's some of the pieces I did for Thanksgiving. We go turkey crazy and Quinn and I decided to go retro-vintage-circus-poster-esque:
I have grown really attached to this...







And here we have some more recent projects:










Trader Joe's takes up a good chunk of my time. Thankfully, I really enjoy it.
Aside from Joe's, I have been trying to maintain a good amount of items in the windeymoor store.
Today I was able to upload about 7 Better Than Notebooks with mini's in the making, here's a peek at a few that are available now:





Right before Christmas, I had the opportunity to do a puppy photo shoot for my lovely friend, Eileen. Here are some of my favorite shots of Sunny, Leila, and Eileen herself :)









 It was pretty challenging. These pooches can move and I am no photo-pro! Thank goodness for treats!

Other than that my life has been good. The new year has not been so bright but I am hoping for the best. Here are some shots of what I've been up to personally:

For my birthday, I entered into the beautiful world of iMac...and then had some laughs.





Mostly, I have been enjoying San Diego. I have always taken this amazing city for granted...and I decided that I didn't want to do that any longer. On this particular day, Jb and I decided to take Coast Highway (formally known as Hillstreet:) all the way from our home to San Diego itself. We stopped at Swamis (Encinitas) and was surprised to see this big guy. I don't remember it from before...so I am guessing it is pretty recent. I have a thing for most things tiki...







Beautiful, right? There's something so healing and cathartic about the ocean. I've always known it, always heard it, always considered it rather cliche...and now I find myself staring, breathing, and needing it more than ever before. To the sea, and sea smoke...thank you.

So the next few photos are of our hike at Elfin Forrest. I couldn't coax him into packing up our backpacking packs but I did persuade him about wearing some sort of pack, ha. Why would I try to get him to wear the big one? Well, long story short, we just got our first backpacking packs with our first trip tentatively planned in May. He hasn't really camped ever, and I have camped and hiked throughout my life but have never done backpacking. Basically, I want to train...but we compromised for this hike and filled our little packs with lots of water and canned beans. Here are the shots:







Okay. So that's it. Hopefully that makes up for my two month hiatus...I'm going to try and get better at this. Oh yeah, and I've been reading a lot. Mostly Murakami.

<3 Jonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...