26 July 2011

HOT DAMN, This my jam, I'm your biggest, baddest, mother!

Or in other words, "HOLY CRAP this has been a busy summer!"

Granted it hasn't been as busy as the school year, but busy for a break.
I've managed to finish a couple books and start a couple others...
see a couple netflix-d movies...
make some AWESOME journals...
make some one of a kind accessories...
do a couple commission jobs...
but mostly, it's been a season filled with friendships...which I can't complain about.

I leave for China in  5 days...San Francisco in 4 days and I have yet to begin to pack and plan. I mean, I have a general game plan for what to bring and lord knows I've read the website and information packets ump-teen-billion times. I guess I just feel like I have a lot to tie up before I leave. I know it's not forever but there's just chores that need to be tended to before departure.

Things that have helped blur my vision this summer was my short 5 day stint at another Trader Joe's...which I finished last night. I was asked to do some art for the La Jolla store and I was totally stoked for the opportunity! They needed 8 chalkboards (4 smaller ones and 4 bigger ones)








I tried to do the boards La Jolla themed. There's the surfer, windglider, aquarium, kayaker in the cove, the UCSD sun god, AAAAAAND a Dr. Seuss fish because Seuss was from La Jolla, hello SO awesome!!

They also needed some frozen directionals:



Yep. So that is that. I really enjoyed the store and the people. They were very nice and I even got invited to hang out a couple times which is always cool...but I have to say, it feels good to go home to my boys and girls today. I can't wait to work that wet wall...stalk the milk box, or ring up the regulars!!
I miss my esco-family!!

<3 Jonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...