26 July 2011

Fun Things to do in San Diego: Torrey Pines State Park

 This past weekend, Jb and I finally hiked Torrey Pines.
Granted, I had hiked it when I was a wee lass but did not really have any recollection of it (long live the adventure club of 5th grade!)


Anyhow, Torrey Pines was B-E-A-U-T-F-U-L and I really, really enjoyed myself. Jb enjoyed himself too but prefers a more strenuous hike. His words were,
 "I think we would of got more from the hike if we jogged it...walking is too easy for us."
And there is some truth in that. For the most part, Torrey Pines is a really easy hike when you're walking...but I like to walk sometimes...you see more :) Here are couple more pictures I snapped
This one I filtered through my sunglasses : P

One thing I remember from adventure club is the Yuca plant. Those spikey things in the distance were utilized by Native Americans as string. They would rip off the fraying strands from the leaves and mend and create. So freaking COOL!

Hey Blacks!! How's it hangin'? HA

LooooooOoooong way down :)

It's also free!! There is parking below on the 101 (which is a battle to find on the weekend) but it means you have to hike up a hill, no big deal really. Or you can park in one of the Torrey Pines State Reserve lots for 10 bucks. Not bad, eh?!

<3 Jonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...