18 July 2011

EEeeeeeeee!!

So in two weeks from today...it will be a day a head and I will be arriving in Beijing.
I decided I should stop watching "Locked Up Abroad" until after the trip to prevent some nightmares.

Anyhow, I'm SO EXCITED...but enough about that. I have some stuff to talk about!
First off, JOURNALS are finally here!! There are blank journals and lined journals....lined paper is homemade...thank goodness for excel and all journals are sewn together. Uneven pages but in a good way :) They are pocket sized and lightweight...which is exactly what I look for in a journal. These little cuties will be up in the shop by the end of the week and will be sold individually and in pairs. 



It's nice to get one idea out of my head and brought to life...now only 5millionbajillion to go, sigh.

Second, last weekend I went through this jewelry making kick and punched out quite a few new pieces. Like the journals, they will also make it to the shop by the end of the week, but here's the sneaky peaky:







Third, it took a while for them to arrive but my business cards finally arrived this weekend! I designed them myself through vistaprint and have to state that I am very, very pleased with how they turned out. They are double-sided :)



Fourth, I got a postcard in the mail over the weekend too!! I LOVE getting mail. I love getting mail so much that I tend to buy online more than in stores because I love receiving it all wrapped up...kind of lame, but whatever. Anyhow, my fine friend, Yeni, mailed me this darling postcard from Tokyo. I can't get over how cool the stamps are!!


Fifth,have you ever heard of Photojojo? Well, it's a really neat, decently priced, online camera accessory/camera store...but with COOL camera accessories. I recently bought these


And with these I can do things like this:



I know they are not the most glamorous shots but look how cool the mundane looks with these babies!!
For someone who has been without access to photoshop for FAR TOO LONG, these are a breath of fresh air.

Sixth, this is to tease you.
I made the most delicious batch of cookies last night. Oatmeal-chocolate chips-pecans-and a touch of almond meal.
Yeah, they are pretty much epic.


Finally, Jb and I have been having some pretty fun-relaxing weekends. They've been filled with bike rides, walks, fun conversation, and yummy foods. Our walks have been on the beach going into Carlsbad where my dad mostly grew up. I don't think too often of family (unless something triggers a memory) but we always pass by my dad's old school (Army and Navy Academy) and it has been triggering a sense of wonder...like how his time there. I've heard bits and pieces...funny happenings and what not...but I wish that I could just peak into that time...see how different or the same he was. I don't know, a little random bit from me, haha.
Here's my favorite picture of my dad...with my grandma.


Ain't it precious?

Anyhow, time for bed. I have one more day at my store then I get a three day transfer to La Jolla to help with some of their art, yippeeee!!

Have a great night,
Jonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...