30 June 2011

PREVIEW POST

I didn't want a second post with the title, "More things I am excited about," so I decided with the above...and this statement, I am really excited about a lot right now!!!

FIRST
I am FINALLY getting the ball rolling with a series of artist interviews!!
Ever since one of two interviews fell through I kind of stopped trying...thinking it was silly but after a couple months, decided to manage the gusto and start politely emailing artists I think are FANTASTIC.
We'll see how replies go :)

SECOND
Kearny Mesa, San Diego. Is this amazing little place FULL of culture. I used to work down there about 3-4 summers ago and never really noticed all these really interesting pockets of rich culture tucked away. I mean, sure I frequented 99 Ranch Market for my fix of green tea ice cream and fish heads (joke) but it wasn't till my friend Emily and Miguel introduced to me to Dumpling Inn and Tea Station till I really took a good look around. Recently, I ventured out to this part of SD with my pseudo-mother-fine-friend for an amazing massage (LH Foot Care) a stroll through 99 Ranch Market, and lunch at the Dumpling Inn (which ALWAYS has a wait!! :)
Right outside the Dumpling Inn on a pillar. Anyone know what it says?

Where we sat while we waited :) A man told me that the writing was in Korean. True? I don't know.

THIRD
I've been getting more sign time at work and this is the latest piece I've finished. If you couldn't guess, it's for our egg section. In Escondido, one of my most favorite places is Queen Califia's Magical Circle Garden. It is located at Kit Carson Park, right off the 15. At our store, we are trying to tie in a true Escondido feel so the entire dairy section will become this garden...or so I attempt :) I have just begun on the double-headed (22 FOOT LONG, OH MY GOSH, SNAKE) for the top of the dairy case.


FOURTH
Sonic Milkshakes. I had my first milkshake from Sonic a couple weeks ago when visiting some friends up North. It was actually my first time ever at a Sonic...and yes, they do deliver in skates. I had a fresh banana milkshake and it was...
DIVINE.
So, thankfully, there is a Sonic by me...only 5 exits or so east on the 78, yippeeee! Yesterday was a milkshake day :)

FIFTH
A flower from yesterdays walk and the newest decorated composition journal titled, "Where Madness Becomes Sanity"




Okay, I am off to work now. It's my Friday and I hope to get some interviews up and posted over the weekend. If I'm not back before, have a happy fourth everyone!
love, love,
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...